Thursday, June 30, 2011

Visiting Irene (Part 3 of 3)

I have a picture of Irene on the bulletin board above my desk in my office at Southwood. I keep it there with the pictures of my nieces and nephews.  My parents and siblings are pictured there too. In other words, the most important people in my life are right there where I can pray for them daily.

I try to pray for Irene daily, I think about her in her home at school and with her family and friends and I pray that she is happy and healthy and realizing her hopes and dreams.

When I visited her home I got the notion that maybe she is praying for me, or at least thinking about me on a regular basis as well.

Check out this picture:


In the upper right hand corner of that picture you’ll see a little tattered and torn piece of paper, its about the only thing hanging on any wall of their family's home.

Here’s a closer look:


I think maybe that picture came from a Sunday School lesson that one of our groups did over the past few years.  But why that piece of paper?  That piece of paper, hanging above their door, is a message and it says Irene’s family is praying for us at Southwood as well.

Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment