Friday, July 1, 2011

Eating Lickkerish

I got the very best care package when Faye and the group arrived. It was filled with Reses Peanut Butter Cups, gum, and Licorice.  One can only go so long without a Reses peanut butter something.

The package also included the very best stack of cards! Kay Vonderschmidt spent her VBS week talking about my mission trip and having the kids prepare cards and pictures.



Here are two of my favorite cards. Maybe the second kid didn’t understand the assignment.




I also enjoyed the kid's attempts at spelling out the name of everyone's favorite red twisted cherry treat: “licoritch,” “lickkerish,” and “lickresh.”

Thank you Kay. I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Sara-I am transcribing our conversation that I recorded the week you left for dissertation. Hearing you makes me miss you more than I already do. Hope all is well. Southwood is missing its Sara-ness, and I am missing just Sara. Wasn't sure if you're reading FB or e-mails, so I'm just communicating here. God Bless, you world traveler you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the second kid wasn't so far off. You are trying to get better in some way. Then, you will go back.

    ReplyDelete