Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Few Pictures

When John and I have complained about being fed all the time, Mama says this:  

"We know where we are, not where we're going."

I think this maybe applies to uploading pictures too!

Today I am having a particularly good day getting pictures to load.  Its hard to say what tomorrow will bring, so here are a bunch of random pictures from the trip so far.

Pastor Mmanga, his daugher Harriet and his wife Salome.


Sitting outside sewing on the treadle machine.  It took me a few tries to get the feel for the treadle, but now I'm a pro.  I sewed a whole purse with no electricity!!

Pastor Mmanga and his vehicle.  This is the car we've been carted around in.  John squeezed into the back seat with two other men.  I think I should leave the explanation to John.

Just after our day long walk with Benerick.

This is Irene at Uroki Secondary School.  She's the student that Heidi and I sponsor through the AIDs Orphan scholarship student.  Her favorite subject is Biology and she wants to be a doctor.  Her name Irene means "peace" and the name fits her perfectly.

Stay tuned, the posts during the next four days will all be picture stories!

1 comment:

  1. Your smile is very comforting for those of us over here missing you.

    ReplyDelete