Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Few Pictures

Our friends from Southwood have arrived and so tonight I am behind on writing updates for you, so you just get a few pictures. A few of these are mostly for my mom, so she can picture where I am living and eating!


This was from our trip a few weeks ago with Benerick to the waterfall.  This waterfall is just huge and this is as close as we could get.  I have heard that some teachers from Uroki took the visitors from England down to the bottom, so I'm going to try to get down there as well. 


This is our home.  Isn't it lovely?  Its a striking difference from most of the homes we visited on our House to House week.  The flower gardens all around it are amazing (I don't think that is really very clear in the picture.)  We were away last weekend for three nights and when we returned, I said it was so good to be home.


The breakfast table.  Its cool here at night, so a fire in the morning and a cup of tea makes this my favorite time of day. 


This is Pastor Moshi, he was pastor in charge at Uswaa on our last visit.  We recently spent an evening eating pizza with he and his wife Anne and then he took us around Moshi for a little shopping the next day.  It was good to spend time with him again.  This man is likely the most humble and faithful man I will ever meet.


Finally, one of the best 2 hours of the trip this far.  These are 3 of Pastor Mmanga's kids, Kripton, Kiffer, and Harriet.  They took us on a hike around their village and it was just fun.  They showed us their church and a few little views, like the one in this picture.  They told us about different African plants and animals.  They taught us some Swahili and it was just a delightful afternoon.  This picture will certainly be one of my favorites of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment