Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Temporary Stay of Execution

Fair warning: this post may not be suitable for any vegetarians in this particular portion of the blogosphere.

The first Sunday I was here, we were getting ready for worship when I heard what sounded like a child crying. I looked over the balcony to see that it was a "kid" crying. It was a special Sunday with a guest preacher and guest choirs and I thought "oh no, that's our lunch."


So you can imagine how relieved I was to find out that it was not lunch at all, it was an auction item. Churches here have "in kind" offerings of things like eggs, bananas, chickens, and goats. After the service is over they auction them off and the money goes toward the donor's offering.


Isn't it nice to know that this goat will not be dinner, but will instead go home to some sweet family in the parish???

Also, Happy Birthday to my big brother Ed who's age is now a number with the second digit of zero!  This post is for you!  I sure wish I could be there to celebrate with you.  Is there goat on the smoker?

2 comments:

  1. While I'm sure smoked goat would be tasty, it's not on the menu today. Thanks for the birthday shout-out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Ed! Happy new home for the goat!

    ReplyDelete