Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Legos Are Now in Africa

I received a package on Friday. I had to sit in the post office waiting for a customs officer to determine that my package was completely safe to enter into Tanzania, luckily this box full of legos easily passed the test.

Inside there were crosses made out of lego's from our Easter project at Southwood.  There was also a big and literally long letter from the VBS kids at Southwood taught by Connee Frahm.


There were also pictures of the model church we built out of the legos that matches the church we're building at Nkiraawanga.  This is a picture of me showing the picture of the lego model church to Nkiraawanga's architect Mr. Massawe.  Clearly he loved it!


The best part was getting to deliver the package to the Sunday School.  Pastor Mmanga was pretty excited too - he read out the entire address of both recipient and sender.  He also made the kids repeat "Connee Frahm" about six times.


We also read the "long" letter to the kids.  Pastor Mmanga also read each name of each of our Southwood VBS kids who had signed it.  Let me just say, these kids, their teachers, and their pastor were all very grateful.

Now, enough of my wordy commentary - feast your eyes on these beautiful children!








So Thank you Connee, your love for children is felt all the way around the world!   
Could some one please show this to Connee, she has told me numerous times she's not so computer savvy!

4 comments:

  1. These photos are beautiful! What an awesome way for these kids to connect with one another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I want to tell our new children's pastor about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More tears from this sap. Stunning children. What joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I remember Connie working on those at VBS. My daughter was in her class. The kids were all pretty excited. I can't wait to show my daughter the photos.

    ReplyDelete