Monday, July 4, 2011

Beach Pictures

Happy 4th of July everyone!  

We returned Saturday evening from our trip to Bagamoyo and the coast of the Indian Ocean. I kept saying that it was my first time to put my feet in this Ocean, but then on the way home I remembered that in 2003 I had a little dip on the other side near Bangkok.


There is nothing like putting your feet in the ocean. Seriously, a great day!


But jumping in the ocean is even more fun. This might be my new favorite picture of the trip.


John was there too and now doesn't feel so bad about missing his family's beach vacation.

Did I mention I miss my bike?
 

Just picture me with a hot cup of coffee sitting watching the sunrise.  Amen.

Today John and I are leaving with some of the youth from Uswaa to go to Ngorongoro Crater on an overnight safari. So there isn't time to write much more about our trip other than to share a few beach pictures.

Don't worry, there is more of a story coming about this trip and its a good one. Just for a little teaser imagine us packed 8 people into a 7 passenger Land Cruiser, heading across Tanzania singing Feliz Navidad at the top of our lungs. (Okay, I might have been the only one singing!)

2 comments:

  1. The picture of you jumping in the ocean reminds me of the road trip after Mary's wedding. I love those pictures.

    ReplyDelete