Thursday, July 21, 2011

I See White People

Its Wednesday night as I write this and we've just returned home from a gathering at the Indian restaurant El Rancho, with a bunch of Nebraskans. The ironys are endless in Tanzania.  This will be short, as I'm tired and we're out for another round of home visits in the early morning.

It was a fun night, great to hear about the work that others are doing in this neck of the Kilimanjaro woods. Some are here for a short time, others for a year, some indefinitely - its nice to be a part of this group of adventurous people. There was also one other Minnesotan in this group so I enjoyed hearing a few "uff-da's" too.


It has been a busy week, there are so many more stories to tell, finding the time to reflect and write is the harder commodity to come by these days, that and electricity. (We've spent the last two weeks without power most nights.)  Its hard to believe that in just three weeks I'll be on a plane headed home - there is so little time left do all of the things that are left to do.  Here we go.

Happy Thursday friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you say Kilimanjaro woods. Sometimes I forget that you reside in the foothills of this great geological feature.

    ReplyDelete