Tuesday, August 9, 2011

#3 – Fabric

#3 – Fabric

It’s okay for me to have one really superficial item in my top ten right?

Few people besides my mom and my aunts will be able to fully understand my reason for picking fabric as
one of my favorite things. The fabric choices here mesmerize me. I love “people watching” anyway, but here the women adorn themselves with these beautiful fabrics that just have me staring. The colors are bright and the patterns are bold, naturally these are my two favorite things when it comes to fabric and clothing.

The other day I wrote about how Pastor Mmanga helped me search for a very specific piece of fabric that I had spotted at a funeral. We didn’t find it that day, but we tried again on Saturday. I dragged Pastor Mmanga and John along to countless fabric shops looking for it with no success. I do have 4 other really nice pieces of fabric as a consolation prize!

My mom emailed recently and said “I suppose you’re bringing home a whole stack of fabric.” Oh yes I am, and like any fabric lover, I have no specific plans for any of it.

Here's just a small sampling of some of my favorites.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment