Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lala Salama

Its half past noon Central Standard time.  Only about 8:30 p.m. for me, but definitely bed time.  We've had two long days and both my bones and my brain are tired.

Yesterday we walked about an hour in the morning to go to Uraa Vocational school.  The lovely Apaufoo Ndosa, is a teacher there, she met us at Uswaa and walked with us.  She teaches tailoring and has made both John and I new garments.  It was a great day - I think I shall write more on that later.

Today we went to the Hai District pastor's meeting.  It was like a synod gathering or something, so in some small way I feel like I sat through the synod assembly that I am soon to be missing out on.  They had a seminar on stewardship that was actually quite interesting.

Just a few funny stories for you before my head hits the pillow:
  • Yesterday this guy Eric was taking us on a hike around the school.  At one point he said, I just need to take a break and he ducked into the woods.  John followed right after him and very quickly turned back to the road.  Check out the post "potty talk" from a few days ago to find out about the figurative language "take a break."  oops!
  • One night during dinner John said to me "this chicken is good."  To which I responded "I think its fish."  Then he said "oh, I thought it tasted like fish."  (Maybe that's another one where you had to be there.)
  • On Saturday night I was getting ready for bed and finishing up some writing when I noticed that my room was feeling like a battle zone.  The bugs outside were bombarding the window trying to chase the light, the few that got in were buzzing around here like helicopters.  Seriously those were the craziest looking bugs ever - I've described them as part dragonfly and part worm.  Finally I decided it was just time to surrender the battle and turn out the lights.
And it is time to do just that now.  Enjoy your afternoon, and I shall sleep in peace!  (Lala salama)

I love and miss you.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment