Friday, May 27, 2011

A Food Update

I raved about the food just two days ago.

So you knew this was coming didn't you!  Yesterday I had an experience that made me want to vomit.

When the avocados were placed on the table there was a pink creamy sauce in the middle of them.  Mama knows that I love avocados and she also noticed that I wasn't taking one.  She said:  "you leave your friend sit, don't you want one."

I asked what the substance was.  It was what I suspected: ketchup mixed with mayonnaise.

"Don't you want to try it?" she said.

Truthfully, I did not want to try it.  But (shocking) I did, and as mentioned above I very nearly vomited.

I just decided to tell her the truth.  "I do not like it."  She said she appreciated my honesty and that there were some things that she doesn't like too.  A fresh clean "plain jane" avocado was summoned and all was well again.  Although I cannot get the image of that tainted fruit out of my head.  (could be worse.)

Also - today I cracked the jar of peanut butter.  Not because I was desperate for some food from home, but because we were served these fluffy pancake things that I just thought would be good with peanut butter.  I was right.  That is when I discovered that John doesn't like peanut butter, but I also decided not to hold it against him.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, No! That sounds awful. Avocado's are perfect on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't imagine anything worse than mayonnaise and ketchup, but "leaving friends sit" may not leave the best impression.

    Tell more about Mama. Who is she? What is she like? Actually, I love all the stories and details you relay about the people. Tell more!

    ReplyDelete